Friday, August 15, 2014

Gluten Free Friday Homemade Recipe #6 - Banana Blueberry Muffins

Anyone on a diet knows it is hard to come up with new and exciting things for breakfast. So one of my challenges has been coming up with 'bread' products that don't taste horrible or like diet food. So here is my recipe for muffins. I think this would work with anything not just Blue Berries and Bananas. I really want to try some chocolate chips with this.

Let me know what you all think.

As always, everything is Gluten Free and / or Organic!



2    C Gluten Free Flour
2    tsp Baking Powder
1/2  tsp Salt      
1/2  C Softened Butter     
1    C Sugar      
2    large Eggs      
1    tsp Vanilla      
1/2  C Organic Milk   
1/4  tsp nutmeg, grated      
2    C Blueberries      
1    large Banana

Mix all the dry and wet ingredients separately leaving out the fruit. With a blender, add the wet and dry together and then slowly blend in the banana. Once the mixture is consistent  fold in the blue berries.

Evenly place the mixture in 18 muffin tins

Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

This was a really easy recipe to make. The prep time took about 10 minutes, which is how long it takes to preheat the oven. With little effort this was a gem for breakfast material.

The taste was good too. I liked to reheat them in the microwave and place a bit of butter on top of it when I ate them the next day. It was still delish and I know you will like them too! I give this an easy 4.5 stars!

Enjoy and Happy Eating!

Nutrition Facts courtesy of All The Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment