Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Review: No More Black Magic by A.L. Kessler


Title: No More Black Magic
Author: A. L. Kessler
Source: Purchased on Amazon
Purchase Link: AMAZON

Blurb

Explosions, body parts, and black magic are all part of Abby Collins’ typical day. As the top Paranormal Investigation Bureau agent, she only gets the best cases, but when the Cult of Ra comes to play she might be in over her head. Finding a murderer while up against a hex, an overprotective coven, and a stubborn werewolf reminds her that nothing in the paranormal world is easy. As the death toll rises and a decades old crime, linked to Abby, is uncovered, disturbing information is brought to light. Abby must unlock an ancient language steeped in black magic to uncover the truth before the murderer comes for her.


Review


Do you know that feeling when you have an author that writes a series that you totally love and they come up with something new and you're scared about not liking it? That's exactly the feeling I had when Ms Kessler told me about her new series. Of course I wanted to support her. I love her DWC series and when you love an author you support them.

So I got No More Black Magic.

I am happy to report that I was very much captivated by the first chapter with this novel. It had a very Kim Harrison feel with better character development.

The different players in this world each were easy to see in my mind as the story unfolded. I really enjoyed the drama and the push and pull of Abby and the PIB mixed in with the Vampire and Wolves.

A.L. did a fantastic job building a world from scratch and I really cannot wait for the next novel.

With all of the reviews I have been doing this year I really had begun to become burned out with indie novels because it seemed each one I had been given to review dragged on, wasn't edited or just wasn't captivating me. And then this gem popped up.

Thank god for Abby and her crazy and wild life!!

This was a 5 star wonder because a wonderful story like this deserves as many stars as I can give.



No comments:

Post a Comment